Saturday, January 2, 2010

Learning to Use Photoshop

I bought photoshop elements 8 a few months ago because it was on sale for $75 at Best Buy. When I got home, I downloaded it onto my computer. But became frustrated and overwhelmed as I tried to use it. So I just set it aside in my mind, telling myself I would take a class and someday learn all about it.

Well, my girls at work were trying to get me to sign up for classes at BCTCS for the spring semester. One of the perks of being a UK employee is that we can take classes for free! However, I put it off and never registered for the classes...bummer.

One of my new years resolutions is to "master photoshop". Well, at least to have a working knowledge of how it works. So the other day I started small and decided to work on designing business cards for My Day Job Photography. It took me 5-6 hours but I did eventually come up with a design that I was satisfied with. And I learned a ton about the workings of the program in the process! Believe it or not, I had a blast working with the program once I actually got started! Here are my new business cards front and back...

Front



Back


I've also worked on a prayer card for my parents who are international mission board missionaries in Panama. They were home for Christmas and were wanting some new prayer cards to hand out to churches. Here's what I came up with for them...



I must say that I have enjoyed learning to use this program and I am looking forward to working on more creative projects this year. I feel like I have a good start on my new years resolution!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with it! There are some great tutorials on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've watched a few of the youtube tutorials and I bought a Photoshop for Dummies book too. It's actually becoming quite addicting.

    ReplyDelete